Saturday, April 25, 2015

A forest and an adventure park in Dahilayan, Bukidon: A perfect summer destination for the whole family

My family thought of having a summer adventure this year to beat the summer heat. 

We also wanted to bring my son Kodee to a place where he can play. 

With these in mind, we decided to go to Dahilayan Forest Park and Dahilayan Adventure Park.

These two are located in Manolo Fortich, Bukidnon in the Mindanao region and are adjacent to each other. These places are perfect for the whole family. 

For the adventure seeker, you have the ziplines, the tree top adventure, hanging bridge and the zorbit (a huge inflated ball you can ride which is to be rolled downhill)


showing off the badge and definitely excited to try the ziplines
320 and 150 meter zip lines 

The first line is the 320 meter zip line. At the end, you can then find the starting point for the 150 meter zip line.


the zorbit. I didn't have the guts to try it so I just took a picture
840 meter zip line - Asia's longest zipline
my sisters Kit and Aby gearing up for the tree top adventure
the tree top adventure. brave kids! haha

For the kids and young at heart, there is a spacious playground with swings and bars that you can play with.


getting comfy with the animals
feeling like kids again
i'll give this to my sisters. this is hard. haha
my mother is never too old to be like a kid again
he was just thinking about his dad who was not with us in this trip *sad*

For couples, they have a park, pond, lagoon, and a wide space of green scenery that you can definitely enjoy. With the cold wind, the place is perfect for relaxing and feasting your eyes on a beautiful view.


with some family friends
Kodee enjoying the hike with his Tita's Kit and Aby and Tito Jake
i'm a happy mom just watching him

I was very excited about this trip because I was so eager to try the Asia's longest zipline. For me, it's the highlight of this trip. I thought that if I can conquer this, I can conquer the world!


all geared up and excited for the long ride

True enough, I felt very fulfilled that I was able to ride the longest zip line in Asia. But at the same time, I was so scared and was just stiff the entire time! I felt like I was riding a plane in an open space, suspended in as high as 100 meters and have to be swayed by the wind in an 840 meter distance. I swear it was one of the scariest rides of my life and I would never try it again! (That is if you ask me now. Maybe in the future I can change my mind. Haha) It's definitely not for the faint heart! Nonetheless, it was one of the best experiences I have so far!


embracing fear while conquering Asia's longest zipline. though scared, I was still able
to smile a bit because I was already nearing the stop. haha

We stayed there for the whole day to enjoy the view, take on the adventure, and just simply spend time with each other.


Rates
Entrance
  • Adults = Php 100
  • Senior Citizens = Php 80 (with 20% discount)
  • Kids 10 years old and below = Php 50
  • Infants to 3 years old = Free
If you're going to use a tourist van to get there, your driver's entrance fee is also free. 

Picnic table
Php 200 per table. A table can approximately accommodate 8 - 10 people sitting. If you're a larger group and on a budget, you can still have just one table enough for your things and then opt to place a mat on the ground. It could be fun! The picnic ground is wide so there is definitely a room for everybody. Just make sure you don't throw your trash anywhere.

The picnic ground:
crazy sister
really curious
with the penguins

Activities
  • Tree top adventure = Php 250 per person
  • Zipall adventure = Php 600 per person (this includes 840 meter zip line - the asia's longest dual zipline, and the 320 and 150 meter dual ziplines)
  • 320 and 150 meter dual zipline = Php 250 per person

These are just the activities that we have tried. The parks offer rides and other adventures that you should try. They also have restaurants and food kiosks inside the parks so you don't have to worry if you haven't brought some food. We haven't tried eating there but I think they serve delicious food enough for some visitors to line up. They also have room accommodations for those who want to stay longer. Tourists can also get some pasalubong items at the park's Souvenir Shop.

Note: All rates stated herein are in Philippine Peso.


How to get there
This was our route:
Iligan City - Cagayan de Oro - Bukidnon

It took us almost 3 hours to get there. We rented a van for Php 5,000 which is good for 16 people, inclusive of gasoline and driver's fee.

If you're from Visayas or Luzon regions, you can ride a plane with a destination to Laguindingan International Airport. From there, ride a bus to Cagayan de Oro. Then take the Davao - Bukidnon highway going to Dahilayan, Manolo Fortich, Bukidnon. You would pass by Camp Phillips and a vast pineapple field.


signage at Camp Phillips
another landmark for you to know you're on the right way to Dahilayan. yes, that pineapple!

More information can be found on the parks' websites including directions on how to get there, accommodation rates and other rides and adventures you can enjoy. 

Visit them here: Dahilayan Forest Park and Dahilayan Adventure Park


Note: All information stated herein are true as of April 9, 2015, the time of the event. This post is for information purposes only and is based on my own experience. I do not represent any of the companies / products / individuals stated herein.

No comments:

Post a Comment